I was just about in panic mode when God showed me that I needed to slow down. What’s the hurry? He asked.
“I’ve got my book to launch and promote, vegetables to can or freeze, work, preparing for my daughter’s wedding this week, deep house cleaning, and all that goes along with everything I just listed.
“Take a deep breath,” He said.
“Okay?” deep breathing here…I took three deep breaths.
“Now, don’t you feel better?” He asked.
“Yes. Yes, I do.” In fact, while I was breathing deeply, God showed me that the sun will set every day, just as it will rise. The birds will be chirping, the vegetables will still be there, whether I pick them or not, whether I freeze them or not. The house isn’t going anywhere either. So, did my work go away? No. I still have a lot to do, but I’m not going to stress over it. What’s the point?
Stress can kill you. There, I said it. So, I will take one day at a time, doing what I can, and live for another day. I will enjoy each day, the best I can and move my to do list one more day into the future until it eventually gets done.
To Do List
- Dusting (Lets me come up with story ideas)
- Cleaning Woodwork (more story ideas)
- Laundry (easily done while doing above chores)
- Gardening (picking vegetables, pulling weeds, allow more story ideas to grow)
- Planting Outdoor Flowers (more story ideas)
- Arranging Outdoor Furniture (I see a pattern here)
- Washing Outdoor Furniture (mindless chores)
- Sweeping, Vacuuming, Mopping Floors
- Cleaning Bathrooms (I can think of more fun things)
Not To Do List
No complaining! All of the above allow me more time to actually work on my stories in my head so that when I DO FIND TIME TO WRITE, the writing will come easy.
Okay, my rant is over, my mind refreshed and my chores done!