Yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet with readers at the Thunder Road Author Rally in Maynardville, Tennessee.
This was my first book signing since my book was released. I learned six things that I can do to make my next book signing more successful.
1. Engage the reader – ask questions
a. What do you like to read?
b. What’s your favorite book?
c. Who’s your favorite Author?
2. Tie in my book to their responses, if possible, by giving comparisons to other books like mine
3. Thank them for their interest
4. Give them something to remember me and my book
a. Bookmark with my book’s title
b. Social Media contact info on back of bookmark
c. Promo pens with my website on it
5. Network with other authors
a. Get their take on book signings
b. Take notes on successful displays
c. Ask questions
6. Follow Up
a. Follow up with contacts I make at book signings
b. Take action on what I learned or apply new knowledge to what I do from here on out